Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Getting closer....

Well, last week I was feeling some pains and went to the Dr. I found out that I was having very mild contractions and have dilated 1 cm. I did not expect to hear that! It appears that I could be at the stage for quite a while. I did get another ultrasound out of the whole deal so that was exciting. Baby girl is measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule at 4lbs 9 oz. Also, we found out that she has a head full of hair. Something I never expected to hear as I was a baldy. DJ stated that he can't wait to style her hair like Pebbles Flintstone. Well, we are counting down the weeks now and can't hardly wait to meet her. Talk to everyone soon!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow dialated already! Hold baby girl in there!..she's just letting you know who's in charge!

So since she has a full head of hair, have you had a lot of heartburn like the old wives tales says?!

Angela said...

That is so exciting! But yes, I was dilated to 2 for about 5 weeks before she came. But she'll come when she's good and ready. She's got to keep cookin' so she's strong!

Abbie said...

Yeah! You are getting closer! Hope she cooperates with DJ's schedule! :) I was dilated to 2 for a few weeks too....ya just never know. I am so excited to see all of the hair! You'll have to bring hair bows to the hospital! ;)

Hope you are feeling okay!

Jocelyn Edin said...

Ooh, very exciting but yes, keep that bun in the oven, she's still so teeny. Thinking about you...