Sunday, October 25, 2009

Gentry Farm, Rolfsen Party, and Maplewood Fall Festival

Iris had such a fun filled weekend. It started off at the Gentry Farm to pick some pumpkins. Unfortunately, the rain took out the patch so we couldn't actually "pick" our pumpkin, but we had a blast anyway! Iris explored teepee's, little log houses, barns, went through the hay maze, saw chickens, goats, sheep, cows (including a calf born the night before), saw a 200 year old home, went on a tractor ride, had her first wipeout, and more. She loved every second. 

 

That night we got dressed up in our costumes and heading to the Rolfsen house for an awesome Halloween/ Birthday Party. We spent the night so I could have some "no kids allowed" fun while she slept. ;) I laughed so hard all night that my cheeks literally hurt! It was too fun. My camera card was full pretty quick so I couldn't get many pictures from that portion of the day, but I should be able to snag some from some other people. 

 

The following day we had our neighborhood fall festival. Iris rode a pony for the first time! She took to it like she was born to ride! She held on to the saddle w/one hand and had the other in the air like she was ready for the rodeo. It was adorable. Then, she would lovingly and approvingly  reach down and pat the pony's mane. My camera card was full from the previous day, but I got some video with my camera. This will be uploaded at a later date. 

 

What a great weekend! 


1 comment:

Angela said...

Sounds like a very fun weekend! Costumes were great. I think your mom's was my fav (of course except for Iris:)